Saturday, May 14, 2011

Elementary School Yard & Fr. John's Declaration

Posted: April 23, 2011; 
Updated: January 7, 2013



On April 23, 2011, I again dreamed of my favorite Orthodox priest, Fr. John H., which gave me a new perspective on Orthodoxy. It clearly follows my first dream of him on December 1, 2010.

Below is an Integral Deep Listening interview of this dream.

IDL Interview

Date of interview:  April 23, 2011

What are three fundamental life issues that you are dealing with now in your life?
1.  Getting LADDOF (Los Alamos Deep Democracy Open Forum) fully functional
2.  Presenting a dream workshop to local Unitarian Church
3.  Developing deep, meaningful relationships with the greater Los Alamos community


Tell me a dream you remember.
.4/23/2011, 0600 Am walking on school campus. Many students of various ages, possibly K-12. As I walk north and pass one group of students on my left, I hear the familiar voice of Fr. John H saying, "Class, dismissed!" in a military-like command. The class looks like elementary to middle school age.

Fr. John and I are now walking together. He mentions having read a draft paper that I have sent him recently and has some suggestions for change. Then he declares, "You must finish this paper before you leave New Mexico!"

CREEI score: ++++++//+++/+++  Pattern: Transformative (comforting, confirming)

Why do you think that you had this life experience?
.I had the night before viewed the newest movie clip of St. Dimitri Orthodox Church at the local theater featuring OCA Hieromonk John A. It brought to mind my December 1, 2010 dream Forest Dormitory and my follow-on outer conversation with Fr. John H. It also brought to mind a most recent experience attending a seminar at the WorldWork 2011 conference in Denver with Arnold and Amy Mindell called The Inner Sage in the Outer World and a most significant contact and conversation with a young officer of the Philippine Military Academy regarding psychological warfare defense preparedness. [See 13 Apr 11 IDL interview of a dream two days following that contact.]

If it were playing at a theater, what name would be on the marquee?
.Fr. John's Declaration

These are the characters in the experience…
.School campus, many students, Fr. John H,

If a character had something especially important to tell you, which would it be?
.School campus

(Character,) would you please tell me what you look like and what you are doing?
.I am a typical elementary-middle school campus with broad expanses of green lawn. Many students are walking, running and playing on me, which I like and thrive on.

What do you like most about yourself in this experience? What are your strengths?
.I give the children and teachers a beautiful, comfortable and safe place to play and be with each other.

What do you dislike most about yourself? Do you have weaknesses? What?
.Nothing to dislike. No weakness other than being an open campus where anyone could walk into it, such as Eugene.

If you could change this experience in any way you wanted, would you? If so, how would you change it?
.No

If that experience were to continue, what would happen next?
.Eugene would discuss further the paper Fr. John has referred to.

(Character,) if you could be anywhere you wanted to be and take any form you desired, would you change? If so, how?
.No

(You are in this person’s dream or life experience, correct? He/she created you, right?)
.Yes and yes.

(Character), what aspect of this person do you represent or most closely personify?
.An open place to be with those who wish to ask and study the important questions.

If you could live this person’s waking life for him/her, how would you live it differently?
.No different

If you could live this person’s waking life for him/her today, would you handle his/her three life issues differently? If so, how?
.No

What three life issues would you focus on if you were in charge of his/her life?
.The same as above.

How would you score yourself 0-10, in confidence, compassion, wisdom, acceptance, peace of mind, and witnessing? And why?
.Confidence: 10. I know what and why I am.
Compassion: 10. I feel it important to be green and alive and available for students and faculty and visitors of all kinds.
Wisdom: 10. I can hear all the many conversations of students, faculty and visitors and understand their experiences and various points of view.
Acceptance: 10. I accept all who come to be on and with me.
Peace of Mind: 10. I am serene in the midst of all kinds of conversations, movements, expressions and interactions that take place on me every day.
Witnessing: 10. I see the big picture in embracing the sky and the clouds and the trees in and around me and see the interaction all creatures, human, animal, plant and man-made.

(Character,) if you scored tens in all six of these qualities, would you be different? If so, how?
.That is where I am.

How would this person’s life be different if he/she naturally scored high in all six of these qualities all the time?
.He is close to this condition and would probably not behave differently than now.

In what life situations would it be most beneficial for this person to imagine that he/she is you and act as you would?
.In any discussion with anyone it would allow him to allow them to be as they are and to provide an open forum for thought and expression.

Why do you think that you are in this life experience (or dream)?
.To make him more aware of his inner sage spiritual advisor's suggestions for his present life's direction.

(Dreamer,) what have you heard yourself say? (Read them over)
. There are many outer influences at work on my life that I need to think and write about.

If this experience were a wake-up call from your soul, what do you think it would be saying to you?
.Reflect more carefully on the direction you are going and seek wise counsel from those who are spiritually awake and aware.

  
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
14 May 2011: Continuing the interview…

If a second character had something especially important to tell you, which would it be?
.Fr. John H

(Character,) would you please tell me what you look like and what you are doing?
.I am an old, retired Orthodox priest who loves children and my calling as a priest. I have retired several times. First as an Episcopal priest and then as an Orthodox priest.

What do you like most about yourself in this experience? What are your strengths?
.I love children and believe they need to learn truth and discipline. This is not to say they need indoctrination. Indoctrination is NOT what they need.

What do you dislike most about yourself? Do you have weaknesses? What?
.I don't like being fat, like a beluga whale. But I'm too old to do much about it and have accepted this as a given. And I have aches and pains and other health problems, all of which I have pretty much accepted. 

If you could change this experience in any way you wanted, would you? If so, how would you change it?
.No, I would not change this particular experience.

If that experience were to continue, what would happen next?
.I would give my opinion to Zhenya about what his paper should be like.

(Character,) if you could be anywhere you wanted to be and take any form you desired, would you change? If so, how?
.No. I am here at this moment to give Zhenya counsel and blessing. I value him deeply and believe he has a divine calling, even though it is different than mine.

(You are in this person’s dream or life experience, correct? He/she created you, right?)
.Yes, I am in Zhenya's dream, but I am not so sure he has created me.

(Character), what aspect of this person do you represent or most closely personify?
.He has a priestly self that I have discovered and identified with. I am amazed how accurate his creation of me is like the outer Fr. John. That is why we have been able to communicate so wonderfully every time we get together in the name of the Holy One.

If you could live this person’s waking life for him/her, how would you live it differently?
.No. He once came to me with a burden and asked me to lift it from him. I told him not to be too hasty about this request. That the Lord has placed it on him for His own purposes and that Zhenya will know what he needs to know about it in due time.

If you could live this person’s waking life for him/her today, would you handle his/her three life issues differently? If so, how?
.Yes, a little. I am not so concerned with the LADDOF enterprise. I would pray more about it than he does. The Holy Spirit is guiding his life and direction, which he sometimes forgets.

What three life issues would you focus on if you were in charge of his/her life?
.Pray more about his worldly decisions and letting them flow as in a river. Follow the Unitarian opportunity with humility, patience and care for those he interacts with. Develop deep personal relationships with his wife and family, as well as with this community.

How would you score yourself 0-10, in confidence, compassion, wisdom, acceptance, peace of mind, and witnessing? And why?
.Confidence: 10. I know who I am and why I'm here. I am ready to go into the hereafter at any moment.
Compassion: 10. I see Christ in every soul and identify with all their struggles and pain.
Wisdom: 10: I hope to God I have wisdom enough to finish my life here and continue to help others as long as I have breath left in my body.
Acceptance: 10. I truly accept all things as they are, believing they are all for God's purposes.
Peace of Mind: 10. I am truly at peace, as I have said, and am ready to translate at any moment.
Witnessing: 10. There is a grander reality than any of us can ever imagine. I feel it, even though I cannot describe it.

(Character,) if you scored tens in all six of these qualities, would you be different? If so, how?
.I am there.

How would this person’s life be different if he/she naturally scored high in all six of these qualities all the time?
.Zhenya would be less anxious about worldly pursuits and be more caring for his wife and family. He scores very close to these six qualities with some lapses as noted.

In what life situations would it be most beneficial for this person to imagine that he/she is you and act as you would?
.When he is teaching and interacting with the community.

Why do you think that you are in this life experience (or dream)?
.To give Zhenya encouragement, acceptance, Christ's unconditional love and counsel. He listens to me, which I am grateful for.

(Dreamer,) what have you heard yourself say? (Read them over)
. There is a priest self-aspect within me, which touches and can discipline my elementary self and behavior.

If this experience were a wake-up call from your soul, what do you think it would be saying to you?
.There is a paper I have to write soon, which must not be dogmatic or absolute. The Spirit will lead me in its writing. In fact, the paper has already begun to be written with provisional title intended for the up-coming Utah Sunstone Symposium.


***********************************
On May 8, 2011, I gave a mini dream workshop to the Unitarian Church of Los Alamos. This was one of my life issues at the time of this IDL interview.

On July 27, 2012, I presented a paper to the 2012 Salt Lake Sunstone Symposium at the University of Utah on the theme "Mormons and Mormonism as a Political Force". Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment