Thursday, January 14, 2010

Eugene, like Henry, never knew what hit him.

(Click on images to enlarge)

With thanks to Gary Larson's The Far Side.

When Birgitta gave me this birthday card last November, I laughed out loud and recalled the first time she had appeared in my dreams. It was in 1977. We had met in Pasadena the previous September 1976 on the eve of her return to Sweden after a singing tour in California. I felt then that she would be important to me in the future. Shortly after our meeting we began a many-year correspondence. Then we married in 1993, after I had moved to New Mexico from California, was hired as a consultant to the Los Alamos National Laboratory, and flew to Sweden to propose.

The first three paragraphs in the scanned document below describe that 1977 dream. The rest of the scan is what I tried to make of it at the time, having rejoined the Mormon Church in 1975 after a ten year absence.

These days my focus is on getting the RPK experiment operational and brought to closure. See here for details.

(click on letters to enlarge)


.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment