Monday, September 21, 2009

Interviewing the Elephant

This morning I awoke from a most interesting dream full of charming characters and situations. In reflecting on it the main non-human character is a large vehicle in the form of an elephant. Here is the dream:

Monday, 0500 21 September 2009
Scene a: With two men in an open field area. One man is a vigorous, disciplined, independent and take-charge type guy. He seems to be surveying the scene with future plans in mind and doesn't interact with me or the other man. I say to the other man that I'm grateful for having once been a bum, because remembering that keeps me from getting too inflated. The other man says he, too, was once a bum. [CREEI score: ++++++//+++/+++ Transformative, Confirming and/or Comforting]

Scene b. Am watching scene where a beautiful, angelic looking young blonde woman is being threatened by a crowd. She is up high off the ground with her back against a wall and as the crowd presses close she calmly extends her arm to gesture "stop!" with her hand. Everyone stops. She clearly takes command of the situation and then expresses her dismay to the crowd that they could have disrespected and disregarded her magnificent elephant. [CREEI score: +-?---//+++/++? Anticipatory]

Scene c. I am inside the elephant in the front operational seat as if it is in fact some kind of bus or large vehicle in the shape of an elephant. The angelic woman comes up to me from the right side (as if having come through the service door of a school bus) to tell me pleasantly not to have soap bubbles come out of the rear end of her magnificent elephant. I apologize saying "I'm new to this job." Another beautiful young woman, a brunette, clearly subservient to the blonde, then asks me to send her a file detailing the operation I'm supposed to be doing. I ask, "Who are you and where do I send the file?" Then two husky men come into the vehicle, climb into the driver seat and co-pilot seat around me to my left and begin operating the vehicle. They are clearly experienced and skillful. The elephant bus takes off quickly, but gently as the vehicle floats slightly off the ground (like a hovercraft) and is maneuvered deftly by the driver around street corners and intersections. [CREEI score: +?++++//+++/+++ Motivational]


Joseph Dillard's Deep Listening interview:

Date of interview: 21 September 2009

What are three fundamental life issues that you are dealing with now in your life?
Being authentic and creative.
Finding others who are or want to be authentic and creative.
Helping others who are or want to be authentic and creative.

Tell me a dream or experience you remember...
See above.

Why do you think that you had this dream?
It seems clearly in response to recent communications and conversations with Joseph Dillard and my Crystal Group friends (Rex, Ken & Clark) regarding the Remote PK experiment that I am currently working on. [Click here.]

If it were playing at a theater, what name would be on the marquee?
Magnificent Elephant Bus

These are the characters in the dream…
Scene a: Grassy field, Dream self, two men, clear sky, horizon
Scene b: Dream self, Angelic Blonde, Crowd, Wall
Scene c: Elephant Bus, Angelic Blonde, Angelic Brunette, Dream self; Two husky men drivers

If one character had something especially important to tell you, which would it be?
Elephant Bus

Character, would you please tell me what you look like and what you are doing?
I am a well-made large vehicle, designed to look like an elephant with large cargo capacity and able to travel fast with great maneuverability on land.

Character, what do you like most about yourself in this experience? What are your strengths?
I am beautiful and intimidating to look at. I can float and respond quickly to directions of all kinds from an operator. I am a dependable vehicle.

Character, what do you dislike most about yourself? Do you have weaknesses? What?
Nothing to dislike. No weaknesses.

Character, if you could change this dream in any way you wanted, would you?
It is not mine to change.

If so, Character, how would you change it?
Not applicable.

Character, if this dream were to continue, what would happen next?
Eugene would take note of how I function which is NOT by command or demand, but by gentle, loving suggestions from the operator. Eugene would also understand that what he has been doing has not worked in his or my best interest. Soap bubbles from my posterior is an indicator of his misunderstanding. He should write the report that the Brunette Angel has asked for.

Character, if you could be anywhere you wanted to be and take any form you desired, would you change? If so, how?
I would change nothing. It is fun to be here and watch how Eugene learns and becomes more effective.

Character, you are in Eugene’s dream, correct? He created you, right?
Yes, he created me, because I represent an ancient mythological creature of great wisdom that exists in him. He needs to get to know me intimately so that he can operate me as freely and easily as those Angelic training operators are doing at the moment.

Character, what aspect of Eugene do you represent or most closely personify?
I've just answered that.

Character, how would you score yourself 0-10, in confidence, compassion, wisdom, acceptance, peace of mind, and witnessing?
That is very easy. Tens all.

Character, how would Eugene’s life be different if he naturally scored high in all six of these qualities all the time?
He would effectively fulfill his purpose on earth for this lifetime.

If you could live Eugene’s waking life for him, how would you live it differently?
I would not live it differently. He is learning quickly, stumbles, mistakes and all. It's fun to watch. I do not worry about him.

If you could live Eugene’s waking life for him today, would you handle his three life issues differently? If so, how?
As I have already said, he is handling his life issues well. I would not change anything.

Character, what three life issues would you focus on if you were in charge of his life?
Being authentic and creative
Bringing the RPK experiment to resolution
Developing creative discourse between different religious traditions such as Mormon, Orthodox, Jewish, Sufi and others.

In what life situations would it be most beneficial for Eugene to imagine that he is you and act as you would?
Once he has understood me completely, he can allow himself to be driven by responsible, authentic and creative people.

Character, why do you think that you are in this dream?
To present Eugene with an imposing image that he would have a hard time ignoring and to give him a completely new perspective on what he is attempting to accomplish. He is learning about the power of love versus intimidating control.

Eugene, what have you heard yourself say?
I need to adjust my understanding of my purpose on this planet.

If this experience were a wake-up call from your soul, what do you think it would be saying to you?
I think I've got it.

Joseph Dillard replied from Berlin on September 21, 2009 1:47 PM:
Elephant, what do you think of Eugene's RPK experiment? If you were in charge, would you handle it the same way, or differently?

Elephant: Eugene's RPK experiment has kept him focused on a life-changing experience of long ago that he has been faithful in remembering. The experience offered only a hint to him in terms of a new life direction, but it was enough to motivate him to follow it through, despite much opposition and misunderstanding. He has not understood until recently that his scientific training has prejudiced his approach in favor of standard CR considerations. Now that he has been exposed to NCR thinking and applications, he is more open to modifying his original idea. I encourage him to follow this CR line, including the device he has assembled, but to be open to your NCR suggestions, Joseph, as well as to the subsequent CR modifications of his Mormon Crystal Group colleagues. He would do well to work on transforming his own attitudes into a less "forceful" style and one that is more "powerful" in terms of persuasion and empathy of the objects he is attempting to influence. He is attempting to demonstrate an "edge" between CR and NCR that could have far-ranging global implications.

Joseph Dillard on September 22, 2009 12:25 PM
Dear Eugene,
Please elaborate for me on your understanding of the difference between CR and NCR approaches.
Thanks,
Joseph

Joseph, CR and NCR are shortened terms coined by Arnold Mindell in his 2000 book Quantum Mind. Briefly, CR or "consensus reality" refers to the differing perceptions of individuals that correspond with one another. On the other hand, NCR or "non-consensus reality" are those perceptions of individuals that do not collectively correspond with one another.

Mindell refers to Einstein, who began this discussion in the early 1900s, by pointing out that perception and experience vary between individuals. Some of our perceptions correspond to one another while others do not. Quoting Einstein: "We are accustomed to regard as real those sense perceptions which are common to different individuals, and which therefore are, in a measure, impersonal. The natural sciences, and in particular, the most fundamental of them, physics, deal with such sense perceptions."

Mindell amplifies and critiques this by saying that "consensus reality (or CR), implies not only a general collective agreement of modern international culture, but also scientific authorization."

He continues, "How a person or a group defines the term 'real' is not an objective fact but a matter of opinion. Problems begin to arise when we use the term 'real' as if it were the absolute truth."

He concludes that "the result is a physics that splits itself off from parts of nature and from parts of human perception." [Quantum Mind, p 25]

I hope this addresses your request.

Saturday, September 26.

About the Angelic Blonde: she is clearly a powerful, caring character and I don't think I created her. She has come to help me in at least two ways: 1) facing an initially hostile inner crowd, stopping them from mischief and gaining their sympathy for "her" magnificent elephant, which the elephant claims I created. 2) then she gains my attention by alerting me to something I'm doing that's incorrect and unnecessary. When I read that part of the dream to Fr. John Hennies, he laughed and laughed and laughed. Obviously the image she used was graphic and informative. I got the message and have stood corrected.

Then the Angelic Brunette gives me something to think about by asking me to clarify my understanding how the elephant functions and to send her a report. That got me to thinking about what to write.

But then the two husky, experienced and skilled Angelic men come aboard to SHOW me how to operate the vehicle of my creation. Notice that there are no wheels on this vehicle, nor are there any levers requiring force such as steering wheel or brakes, etc. It's not a standard earth-like vehicle nor bound by gravity. Notice also that the co-pilot guy says something extremely personal to me that I did not report about the dream. If something important happens to my wife Birgitta, it will confirm my belief about his abilities and purpose.

5 comments:

  1. Elephant, what do you think of Eugene's RPK experiment? If you were in charge, would you handle it the same way, or differently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elephant: Eugene's RPK experiment has kept him focused on a life-changing experience of long ago that he has been faithful in remembering. The experience offered only a hint to him in terms of a new life direction, but it was enough to motivate him to follow it through, despite much opposition and misunderstanding. He has not understood until recently that his scientific training has prejudiced his approach in favor of standard CR ["consensus reality" per Arnold Mindell] considerations. Now that he has been exposed to NCR (non-consensus reality) thinking and applications, he is more open to modifying his original idea. I encourage him to follow this CR line, including the device he has assembled, but to be open to your NCR suggestions, Joseph, as well as to the subsequent CR modifications of his Mormon Crystal Group colleagues. He would do well to work on transforming his own attitudes into a less "forceful" style and one that is more "powerful" in terms of persuasion and empathy of the objects he is attempting to influence. He is attempting to demonstrate an "edge" between CR and NCR that could have far-ranging global implications.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Eugene,
    Please elaborate for me on your understanding of the difference between CR and NCR approaches.
    Thanks,
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  4. CR and NCR are shortened terms coined by Arnold Mindell in his 2000 book Quantum Mind.

    Briefly, CR or "consensus reality" refers to the differing perceptions of individuals that correspond with one another. On the other hand, NCR or "non-consensus reality" are those perceptions of individuals that do not collectively correspond with one another.

    Mindell refers to Einstein, who began this discussion in the early 1900s, by pointing out that perception and experience vary between individuals. Some of our perceptions correspond to one another while others do not. Quoting Einstein:

    "We are accustomed to regard as real those sense perceptions which are common to different individuals, and which therefore are, in a measure, impersonal. The natural sciences, and in particular, the most fundamental of them, physics, deal with such sense perceptions."

    Mindell amplifies and critiques this by saying that "consensus reality (or CR), implies not only a general collective agreement of modern international culture, but also scientific authorization."

    He continues, "How a person or a group defines the term 'real' is not an objective fact but a matter of opinion. Problems begin to arise when we use the term 'real' as if it were the absolute truth."

    He concludes that "the result is a physics that splits itself off from parts of nature and from parts of human perception." [Quantum Mind, p 25]

    ReplyDelete
  5. About the Angelic Blonde: she is clearly a powerful and caring character and I don't think I created her. She has come into help me in two ways: 1) facing an initially hostile crowd, stopping them in their mischief and gaining their sympathy for :her" magnificent elephant, which the elephant claims I created. 2) then she gains my attention by alerting me to something I'm doing that's incorrect and unnecessary. When I read that part of the dream to Fr. John Hennies, he laughed and laughed and laughed. Obviously the image she used was graphic and informative. I got the message and have stood corrected.

    Then the Angelic Brunette gives me something to think about by asking me to clarify my understanding how the elephant functions. I'm thinking about what to write about this.

    But then the two husky, experienced and skilled Angelic men come aboard to SHOW me how to operate the vehicle of my creation. Notice that there are no wheels on this vehicle, nor are there any levers requiring force such as steering wheel or brakes, etc. It's not a standard earth-like vehicle nor bound by gravity. Notice also that the co-pilot guy says something extremely personal to me that I did not report about the dream. If something important happens to my wife Birgitta, it will confirm my belief about his abilities and purpose.

    ReplyDelete