Saturday, November 18, 2006

Glenna's Counsel--Parts 1 and 2

Event: Saturday, November 18, 2006; Updated: May 4, 2011 [edited with color]

Dream Yoga: Glennie's Counsel, Part 1
Date of interview: 23 November 2006

What are three fundamental life issues that you are dealing with now in your life?

Being authentic
Finding others who are or want to be authentic
Helping others be or become authentic

Tell a dream you remember...

Los Alamos
18 November 2006
0400

In a large living room with Glennie Christensen and other people. It is evening. Glennie and I are sitting in rocking chairs near a large old-fashioned rock fireplace as I am expressing to her my enthusiasm for William Baldwin’s Spirit Releasement Therapy manual. Glennie says, “You must write down what you see.” I promise to do so.

Why do you think that you had this dream?
I have been reading William Baldwin’s Spirit Releasement Therapy (SRT) manual for the past several weeks after discovering that I had had an SRT session with Baldwin and his wife Judith in March 1991 at the TREAT III conference in Kansas City. The two cassette recordings of this session turned out to be the first two of the six that I discovered in August 2004 before driving to the Salt Lake Sunstone Symposium. I had not listened to these recordings since they were made. The 13 year delay in reviewing these tapes continues to impress me, as if only now I am able to properly appreciate them.

For Glennie Christensen to be in the picture as the one I would express enthusiasm to regarding this particular book is especially significant to me, as well as her simple, clear counsel.

If it were playing at a theater, what name would be on the marquee?
Glennie’s Counsel

These are the characters in the dream…
Large living room in big house, Glennie Christensen, me, other (unclear) people nearby, fireplace, fire, rocking chairs, wooden floor

If one character had something especially important to tell you, which would it be?
Living Room

Living Room, would you please tell me what you look like and what you are doing?
I am part of a large, very solidly build old Laguna Beach house. There is an active fire burning in the large open rock fireplace in my ocean side wall. I provide comfort and security for all those meeting here. It is a good place to discuss important issues.

What do you like most about yourself in this dream? What are your strengths?
I am solid, safe, reliable, and warm.

What do you dislike most about yourself? Do you have weaknesses? What?
I don’t dislike anything about myself. I am not aware of any weaknesses.

If you could change this dream in any way you wanted, would you?
I would not change it.

If this dream were to continue, what would happen next?
Eugene would begin writing his reflections regarding the book.

Living Room, if you could be anywhere you wanted to be and take any form you desired, would you change? If so, how?
I would not change anything.

You are in Eugene’s dream, correct? He created you, right?
What is the purpose of this question? It has been asked many times of other dreams and Eugene’s answer stays the same.

Living Room, what aspect of Eugene do you represent or most closely personify?
A safe place to confide.

How would you score yourself 0-10, in confidence, compassion, wisdom, acceptance, peace of mind, and witnessing?
Tens, all.

How would Eugene’s life be different if he naturally scored high in all six of these qualities all the time?
Eugene would probably have become a well regarded professional.

If you could live Eugene’s waking life for him, how would you live it differently?
That seems to me to be a presumptuous question. Eugene is living a meaningful waking life, even though it is not the kind of life he had planned or that his parents had hoped for him.

If you could live Eugene’s waking life for him today, would you handle his three life issues differently? If so, how?
I would handle them no differently.

What three life issues would you focus on if you were in charge of his life?
The ones above.

In what life situations would it be most beneficial for Eugene to imagine that he is you and act as you would?
I can’t imagine!

Why do you think that you are in this dream?
To give Eugene a safe, friendly place to think and reflect and where Glennie feels secure enough to tell Eugene what she truly thinks.

Eugene, what have you heard yourself say?
I have heard (to my surprise) encouraging counsel from the wife of a significant Mormon leader who has played a major part in my life. This is highly unusual considering the disregard I have generally felt from the upper levels of the Mormon ecclesiastical establishment.

If this dream were a wake-up call from your soul, what do you think it would be saying to you?
I think it is saying “PAY ATTENTION TO BALDWIN’s EXPERIENCE AND WISDOM.” This book gives especially important insight and descriptions of reality beyond this physical world, which is significantly different than the official Mormon view.

posted by Eugene @ 4:00 AM 1 comment

At 9:41 PM, December 06, 2006, Joseph Dillard (JD) said...
JD: Interviewing Glenna would probably elaborate her counsel.
EK: What is the purpose of this question? It has been asked many times of other dreams and Eugene’s answer stays the same.
JD: You don't need to ask it. But for new people it is essential, because it leads them logically to recognizing that the character being interviewed is a self-aspect at least in part. Many people assume they are dealing with something external to themselves.]
EK: Living Room represents a safe place to confide.
JD: A repetition of the theme of unviolated privacy and an implication of the need for security that comes from solid boundaries...
EK: ... a safe, intimate place to think and reflect, where Glenna identifies herself where she feels secure enough to tell Eugene what she truly thinks.
JD: Contrast the vulnerability of being blasted by the unexpected and unwanted voice of [LDS Apostle before he became Church president years later] Harold B. Lee [Ref. to ENK dream of 1 May 65 called May Day! May Day!] vs. making your consciousness safe for the Glenna part of you to be heard.

Eugene, what strikes me about this series [of dreams] is the support you have for your present course and your growth in self-acceptance. In the other [earlier dreams] is the need to protect yourself from invasion by internal and external voices that disrupt your privacy and security.

Namaste,

J


Sunday, January 07, 2007

Dream Yoga: Glennie's Counsel, Part 2
Date of interview: 4 January 2007

What are three fundamental life issues that you are dealing with now in your life?

As before:

1. Being authentic
2. Finding others who are or want to be authentic
3. Helping others be or become authentic

Tell a dream you remember...

See "Glennie's Counsel" above.

Ref: Glennie’s Counsel, Part 1 (for interview of first character)

If a second character had something especially important to tell you, which would it be?

Glennie

Glennie, would you please tell me what you look like and what you are doing?

I am a pleasingly plump woman in my middle 70s, enjoying good conversation with my friend Eugene in a pleasant and safe place. I am reminiscing on those days when my husband Ferren was Eugene’s bishop and stake president. When Ferren was a regional representative he used to take Eugene with him to sing to various congregations. Years earlier, when Eugene used to visit our Laguna Beach ward, my husband would often call on him without warning to sing spontaneously from the congregation. Sometimes Eugene would even sing the scriptures. So, I am interested in what Eugene is doing these days. We are meeting in a house of friends after having experienced the memorial of Bob Perine. Bob was once a counselor to Ferren in the Laguna Beach bishopric and succeeded Ferren as bishop when Ferren was called into the stake presidency. Eugene had sung at the memorial in response to Bob’s will request to sing his song (“Hope”), which was written for Eugene’s voice many years ago.

What do you like most about yourself in this dream? What are your strengths?

I am grateful to be a devoted wife, mother and Church member. I am grateful to be able to completely support and sustain my husband in his many priesthood offices over the years. My strength is in my belief and faith and commitment to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I do not question the truthfulness of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

What do you dislike most about yourself? Do you have weaknesses? What?

I’m not sure I dislike this about myself, but I do not question my many roles. I am childlike in my faith. Sometimes I wish I were more mature in it. I am a devoted follower, not a leader.

If you could change this dream in any way you wanted, would you?

I don’t see any reason to change anything, except to be more encouraging to Eugene.

If so, how would you change it?

I would encourage Eugene to describe his spiritual and artistic experiences more clearly, many of which are unusual or different from many of us. My husband has often expressed to me his belief that Eugene has a work to do among our people.

If this dream were to continue, what would happen next?

Eugene would begin writing his reflections on the book by William Baldwin. I don’t know what that book contains, but I sense from Eugene that it has important things to teach.

Glennie, if you could be anywhere you wanted to be and take any form you desired, would you change? If so, how?

I would not want to be any place other than where I am just now. My life has been deeply satisfying and joyful.

Glennie, what aspect of Eugene do you represent or most closely personify?

I am a caring, non-judging, unconditional loving person in whom it is safe to confide.

How would you score yourself 0-10, in confidence, compassion, wisdom, acceptance, peace of mind, and witnessing?

Confidence = 8; compassion = 10; wisdom = 9; acceptance = 10; peace of mind = 10; witnessing = 10.

Glennie, if you scored tens in all six of these qualities, would you be different? If so, how?

I might be more assertive.

How would Eugene’s life be different if he naturally scored high in all six of these qualities all the time?

Eugene would probably have become a well regarded and famous professional.

If you could live Eugene’s waking life for him, how would you live it differently?

Well, I would be sure that he is more compassionate than he has managed to be in the past.

If you could live Eugene’s waking life for him today, would you handle his three life issues differently? If so, how?

Oh, I don’t think so. I like his stated life issues.

In what life situations would it be most beneficial for Eugene to imagine that he is you and act as you would?

When he is confronting challenging situations, I think I could help him respond in more compassionate and non-judgmental ways.

Why do you think that you are in this dream?

To give Eugene a different feminine reference than what he has had in his life before now. I believe he has important things to learn and do.

Eugene, what have you heard yourself say?

I have heard (to my surprise) the wife of a significant Mormon leader who has played a major part in my life give me counsel that is highly unusual in the Church. It seems to go counter to the general disregard I have felt from the Mormon ecclesiastical system.

If this experience were a wake-up call from your soul, what do you think it would be saying to you?

Take heart, Eugene. You are not as alone in the culture and society as you have felt you have been. Be more deeply attentive to your inner voice and to the lessons you are learning from your soul’s partnership with the Holy Spirit.
posted by Eugene @ 2:51 PM 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment