Saturday, October 1, 2005

Discovering Ken Wilber and the Integral Institute

Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2005
Updated: 17 Dec 2013

Sufi poet Rumi

I'm grinning like a little kid, having just finished my first reading of Ken Wilber's book A Brief History of Everything.

Where in the world have I been?!!

That particular book (written already ten years ago!!) has filled my mind with thought food which may take years of slow digesting.

Then, when I Googled Wilber's Integral Institute website, I felt like I'd entered the Celestial Kingdom!--as a pigmy in a community of spiritual giants.

What I have been discovering in my first glimpses of this wondrous place is already beyond what I'd hoped to discover when I began an inner journey more than 40 years ago. [See my first poem Pilgrim]

My God! I cannot express well enough now how I feel! To even begin to come close to expressing these feelings, it will have to have to come from a dream or a poem or a song. Nevertheless, I will wander through this new found territory for a while before saying much more.



On October 3, 2005, Eugene had a dream he clearly associated with this discovery.
3 Oct 05

Los Alamos

This morning I dreamed of the 12th century Sufi poet Rumi.

I am with some people to whom I am passionately expressing my appreciation for the poet Rumi's revelation that the microcosm is that which is external to us and that the macrocosm is that which is within each of us individually.

Thus, here we are in community in external reality—experiencing the microcosm--that we might learn to experience and share our respective interiors--our macrocosms--with each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment