Wednesday, January 7, 1970

Dad's Death; Depression ends; My spiritual work begins

[May 15, 1964]
I snapped out of my depression the night before I learned of Dad's death. That synchronicity would puzzle me for 40 years! [See: Journey to 2004 Salt Lake Sunstone Symposium.]

Even though I did not mourn Dad's death [because I was still feeling his close presence and remembering the message of the Presence, from the previous year (June 1963)], I was not up to attending my doctoral graduation ceremony at the U of Utah that June 1964. Dad died on May 14, the eve of his 61st birthday. I had already been at work as a professional scientist. This graduation was just a formality and I felt my true work would eventually be in a different direction. How right but unaware I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment